At Monster Plowing Company, we pride ourselves on having the best of the best in snow and ice maintenance. Our Senior Team Leaders are the cream of the crop, leading the charge in expertly managing and directing our snowfighters. As a Senior Team Leader and Master Snow Plow Driver, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your skills in efficiently clearing and deicing private roads, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, and more.
With your experience as a heavy-duty plow truck operator, you'll be assigned a select few expert-level commercial or residential sites in Toronto. These demanding sites will be your responsibility throughout the entire winter season. Your expertise and well-managed team will ensure that these sites remain in top-notch condition.
In addition to leading your team, you may also be called upon to assist with basic support tasks such as equipment maintenance, product delivery and stocking, troubleshooting quality control issues, and staff scheduling. It's a multifaceted role that keeps you engaged and challenged.
As a Senior Team Leader, you'll need to be available on an on-call basis with irregular hours, including overnight shifts. Flexibility is key, as you'll be expected to respond to weather events at a moment's notice. An open schedule and commitment to being available at all times of the day and night are a must.
Working with Monster Plowing Company as a senior team leader and snow plow driver offers numerous benefits and features. We invite experienced snow plow drivers and team leaders to apply for this job opportunity and join our team in providing essential snow and ice maintenance for private and commercial properties in Toronto.
Unlock Your Potential as a Senior Team Leader and Master Snow Plow Driver with Monster Plowing Company
Monster Plowing Company, a leading snow and ice maintenance service provider in Toronto, is currently hiring experienced snow plow drivers and team leaders for seasonal work. The importance of this role cannot be overstated as these individuals are crucial in maintaining the safety and accessibility of our city during the winter months.
Benefits of Working with Monster Plowing Company
Working with Monster Plowing Company comes with numerous benefits. Our reputation and experience in the industry are unmatched. We offer seasonal work with flexible scheduling, performance bonuses, and guaranteed minimum hours. Our team operates on an on-call basis using modern equipment and benefits from various training and professional development opportunities.
Features of the Job
As a senior team leader and snow plow driver, you will be responsible for operating heavy-duty plow trucks with v-box spreaders and managing medium-sized crews for private properties. Your duties will include quality control, efficient completion of work, and basic support tasks such as equipment maintenance and staff scheduling.
Commercial and Residential Services
Monster Plowing Company services a wide range of properties, from commercial and industrial sites to residential areas and new developments. Reliable snow and ice maintenance is crucial for these private properties, and we pride ourselves on providing expert-level service.
Winter Employment Contract
Our winter employment contract is an extended six-month contract that operates according to the weather and on an on-call basis. This requires an open schedule and availability at short notice. The benefits of this winter employment contract are numerous, making it an attractive option for those seeking seasonal work.
- Private property snow removal operations
- Work with Toronto's leading, award-winning snow and ice maintenance company
- Opportunity to make WELL OVER $20,000 per winter for less than 300 hours of actual work per season
- Become part of a huge, happy, excited team of over 150+ snowfighters and meet lots of new people
- Operate heavy-duty plow truck with 10+ foot snow plow and 3+ yard v-box spreader
- Direct large team of snowfighters to successfully complete directives as required
- Full-length, extended six-month long winter contract (Nov 1st to Apr 30th)
- On-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as required by winter weather
- $37 to $41 per hour, based on experience, reliability, timeliness and effectivity
- Industry-leading 8% vacation pay, added on top of every paycheque
- Guaranteed minimum 20 working hours per week even if there is no snow and no work
- Eligible for monthly performance bonuses up to $600 per month
- Use of company vehicle for duration of contract as required for work obligations
- No paperwork! Fully modern equipment with electronic logging
- Must live within a maximum of 45 minutes commuting distance from our Toronto Office
- This position requires early morning or late night starts, extended hours, and weekend duty including holidays
- This position requires 24/7 availability to respond to weather events at any time of day or night
- Having an open schedule is a must. We work according to the weather, so any time of day or night, if winter strikes we go out!
- Minimum of 3 years commercial snow removal experience, with experience in a managerial or supervisory role considered an asset
- Minimum of 3 years outdoor labour experience requiring medium to heavy physical effort
- Minimum 5 years of insured driving experience with a G-level license
- Minimum of 5 years commercial driving experience operating heavy-duty trucks such as 5500 series and up
- Clean Driver’s Abstract provided upon acceptance of job offer (one minor infraction is okay)
- Excellent winter driving abilities with any type of automatic transmission vehicle, often in tight or narrow quarters
- Good verbal and written interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of consumer technology (Windows PC, Microsoft Office, Android Tablet, GPS Navigation, Smart Phone, Common Mobile Apps)
- Must have a modern smart phone with a basic internet data plan and full text messaging/voice call capabilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor your cell phone 24/7 in order to promptly and quickly respond to all schedule updates sent by dispatch via text message
- Arrive to work at our yard in a speedy fashion when called upon, ready to go at a moments notice all winter long
- Direct and manage medium-sized crews (4-6 people) while ensuring all assigned duties are performed properly and safely at all times throughout each shift
- Ensure top-notch quality control and efficient completion of all work as required to meet service demands, time constraints, and operational deadlines
- Assist with performance of routine equipment maintenance/repair tasks such as changing vehicle fluids, fueling, greasing, painting, etc.
- Assist with complex opening and closing shift duties such as loading ice melter with a machine or directing groups of staff
- Comply with and help enforce all safety precautions, operational procedures, directions, rules, policies, and regulations
- Ensure all team members are following rules and directions at all times
- Assist with one on one training and individual remediation as required
- Assist with quality control services and one on one communications as required
Apply to Join Our Team Today!
Join our team and be part of a dynamic and dedicated group of professionals who are passionate about keeping Toronto safe and accessible during the winter months. If you're ready to take on the challenge of being a Senior Team Leader and make a significant impact in snow and ice maintenance, we want to hear from you. Apply now and be prepared for an exciting winter season in Toronto!