Monster Experienced Team Leaders are veterans of the snow plowing industry who have at least some experience operating snow and ice maintenance equipment prior to joining our company. As an Experienced Team Leader, you would be responsible to direct and supervise a small team of snowfighters (1-3 people) in the efficient and effective clearing and deicing of private roads, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, walkways, steps, and whatever other paved surfaces require service.
As an experienced snow plow operator, you will be assigned a short list of commercial and residential sites in Toronto, for which you and your team will remain responsible throughout the entire winter. You will also be responsible to sometimes assist in support tasks such as basic equipment maintenance and ice control product deliveries. This position requires the successful applicant to work on an on-call basis with irregular hours, often overnight, so an open schedule is a must. Applicants must be available and committed to work on very short notice, at all times of the day and night, as dictated by the weather and operational response requirements.
- Private property snow removal operations
- Work with Toronto's leading, award-winning snow and ice maintenance company
- Opportunity to make NEARLY $20,000 per winter for less than 300 hours of actual work
- Become part of a huge, happy, excited team of over 120+ snowfighters and meet lots of new people
- Operate heavy-duty plow truck with 10+ foot snow plow and 3+ yard v-box spreader
- Direct large team of snowfighters to successfully complete directives as required
- Full-length, extended six-month long winter contract (Nov 1st to Apr 30th)
- On-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as required by winter weather
- $29 to $33 per hour, based on experience, reliability, timeliness and effectivity
- Guaranteed minimum 20 working hours per week even if there is no snow and no work
- Eligible for monthly performance bonuses up to $600 per month
- Use of company vehicle for duration of contract as required for work obligations
- No paperwork! Fully modern equipment with electronic logging
- Must live within a maximum of 45 minutes commuting distance from our Toronto Office
- This position requires early morning or late night starts, extended hours, and weekend duty including holidays
- This position requires 24/7 availability to respond to weather events at any time of day or night
- Having an open schedule is a must. We work according to the weather, so any time of day or night, if winter strikes we go out!
- No commercial snow removal experience is required, however any such past experience is considered an asset!
- Minimum of 2 years outdoor labour experience requiring medium to heavy physical effort
- Minimum 3 years of insured driving experience with a G-level license
- Minimum of 2 years commercial driving experience operating pickup trucks or greater
- Clean Driver’s Abstract provided upon acceptance of job offer (one minor infraction is okay)
- Excellent winter driving abilities with any type of automatic transmission vehicle, often in tight or narrow quarters
- Good verbal and written interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of consumer technology (Windows PC, Microsoft Office, Android Tablet, GPS Navigation, Smart Phone, Common Mobile Apps)
- Must have a modern smart phone with a basic internet data plan and full text messaging/voice call capabilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor your cell phone 24/7 in order to promptly and quickly respond to all schedule updates sent by dispatch via text message
- Arrive to work at our yard in a speedy fashion when called upon, ready to go at a moments notice all winter long
- Direct and manage medium-sized crews (4-6 people) while ensuring all assigned duties are performed properly and safely at all times throughout each shift
- Ensure top-notch quality control and efficient completion of all work as required to meet service demands, time constraints, and operational deadlines
- Assist with performance of routine equipment maintenance/repair tasks such as changing vehicle fluids, fueling, greasing, painting, etc.
- Assist with complex opening and closing shift duties such as loading ice melter with a machine or directing groups of staff
- Comply with and help enforce all safety precautions, operational procedures, directions, rules, policies, and regulations
- Ensure all team members are following rules and directions at all times
- Assist with one on one training and individual remediation as required
- Assist with quality control services and one on one communications as required